Applications are invited from suitable and qualified candidates to fill the position for which job descriptions have been provided below:
Title: ICT Support Assistant I
Post No.: BAGASOO GSC 01-2023 (Local)
Duty Station (Location): Abuja, Nigeria
Reporting Date: 1st May 2023
Duration: · 3 years Fixed Term (with possible extension)
Eligibility: Applicant should be a national of any of the BAG member states legally resident in Nigeria.
Closing Date: 14th March,2023
This is a General Service Category position under the office of the Finance and Administration Manager with direct supervision of the Aviation Software Systems and Database Developer (ASSDD). The ICT Support Assistant I will be responsible for providing ICT and related general support services to the BAGASOO SECRETARIAT, ensuring a professional and efficient working environment. He/she will promote a client centric service, quality and results oriented approach in performing the following key activities/duties:
1. Configure Access Points, network devices and provide network support and maintenance of communication gadgets,
2. Install and configure computer hardware, software and systems, to include but not limited to office servers, printers, scanners as well as other peripheral devices. Moreso, administer office servers and server software.
3. Troubleshoot in order to carry out repairs and/or supervise the repairs/maintenance of hardware and software components being used in BAGASOO Secretariat
4. Supervise the installations, repairs and regular maintenance of electrical/electronic appliances, like the inverter systems, UPS, air-conditioning systems etc.
5. Perform Installation and upgrade of application and system software for the different departments within BAGASOO.
6. Participate in the design, development, update and maintenance of aviation software all through the Software Development Life Cycle.
7. Provide assistance in the authoring, documenting and printing of software user manuals and end-user training packages.
8. Assist in planning, design and deployment of office network Infrastructure.
9. Continuous update & maintenance of the BAGASOO official website, populate the website with current trend in activities, events and news. Secure the website from potential threats, and also maintain the BAGASOO social Media Handles.
10. Implement and maintain appropriate backup and recovery procedures for office software, servers and data as required.
11. Ensure that all computers are protected against security threats (viruses and malware) and that all updates are applied and installed regularly.
12. Daily follow-up and routine checks on all the office ICT systems to ensure error free ICT environment.
13. Administration of routine data backups and proper stock-keeping of office ICT related equipment and stock.
14. Provide ICT support to office staff, guests, training participants, BAG Member State and CAAs.
15. Any other duties assigned by supervisors.
(b) QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Academic Qualification: Minimum of B.Sc. in Computer Science, B.Eng. in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or any related engineering field will be an advantage. IT Certifications in A+, CCNA, MCSA, Web Development are of added advantage.
Experience required: Three (3) years.
Job skills required (Technical):
1. Experience with network testing, cabling, and troubleshooting etc.
2. Experience with installing and configuring Network Routers and Switches
3. Experience with installation, repair and maintenance of office electrical and electronic installations (inverter systems, batteries, wiring, ports and switches)
4. Experience in client desk support and extensive knowledge of desktop applications: MS Office, Adobe, Outlook, anti-virus software, teleconferencing (Webex, Teams,Zoom), etc.
5. Experience in administration of MS Windows Server Operating Systems (MS 2008 and above)
6. Experience in web and application development technologies
b. Backend: PHP (Laravel, Slim or any other framework)
c. Database: MySQL, MSSQL
d. CMS: WordPress, Joomla
7. Technical writing skills: Ability to express business and IT Problems and solutions in writing. Ability to Document Business needs and translate to IT requirements.
8. Ability to work with minimal supervision
9. Self-Motivated and Independent.
Supervisory responsibility: None.
Complexity of work: Complex and Multi-Tasking
1. Planning and Organizing: The ability to set clear goals, prioritize, anticipate problems or risks and use time good time management.
2. Judgment and Decision-making: The person is in a role where he/she is expected to identify key issues quickly, gather relevant information, consider positive and negative impacts, check assumptions against facts and make tough decisions when necessary.
3. Accountability: The willingness and ability to accept responsibility for oneself taking ownership for actions and outcomes.
4. Communication: The ability to convey oral and written communication clearly and concisely; listening to understand and asking questions to verify. Fluency in oral and written English is vital.
5. Technological awareness: The willingness and ability to keep abreast ofTechnological advancement, understand the applications and limitations of technology, and actively seek to apply and learn about latest technology.
6. Client Orientation and Customer Service: The willingness and ability to see things from the clients’ perspective, anticipate client needs and concerns; find appropriate solutions for clients and keep clients informed.
How to Apply
Prospective applicants should submit their applications and resume to
email@example.com. Deadline for submission is 14th March 2023. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Note: E-Mail Subject should be ICT Support Assistant I
Member States: Cabo Verde Gambia Ghana Guinea Liberia Nigeria Sierra Leone.
Partners: ICAO, FAA, AfDB, EASA/EUROPA, AirBus
© 2020 – BAGASOO | All rights reserved
Address: No. 18 Kwame Nkrumah crescent, Asokoro Abuja, Nigeria.
Tel: +234 (9) 291 5133, +234 (9) 291 5262
Working Hours: Monday-Friday: 8:30 – 16:30
For enquires about Administration: firstname.lastname@example.org
For enquires about training: email@example.com