- Draft and update Civil Aviation Regulations, Technical Guidance materials of Member States as and when needed;
- Conduct training activities for initial/refresher courses on airworthiness related subjects to CAAs of Member States;
- Provide on-the-job-training to airworthiness inspectors from Member States;
- Assist during certification and inspection missions to Member States or when requested to conduct a safety audit,
- Assist the national inspectors in the performance of continuing airworthiness oversight functions on behalf of the Member States including the conduct of inspections, approval of maintenance programme, licensing of personnel, issuance of certificate of airworthiness, approval of minimum equipment lists and issuance of operating specifications. Also, perform these functions independently when and as required. Also, perform these functions independently when and as required;
- Assist with the CIS process in the development and execution of an annual, regional airworthiness surveillance programme, including safety audits, in consonance with the programmes of each of the Member States as approved by Board of Directors of the BAGASOO.
It is also the mandate of BAGASOO to assist Member States during the preparation of Compliance Checklist for ICAO Annex 6, 7, 8, 16 and 19, preparation of answer and evidences to the Protocol Questions (PQs), preparation of acceptable Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) for Findings, under the USOAP CMA, and assist the Member States with the On-line Framework (OLF) platform in the area of airworthiness.
The TC - Airworthiness is member of the Technical Committee – Regulatory and supports the Technical Support and Training Director (TSTD) on the planning, organizing and coordinating the activities of the Committee.
Click to view the register of Airworthiness Documents.